Pop. Lock. Stop sneak theft.
Most of us rely on our cars – whether it is for work or uni, taking the kids to school, or for social activities. Having a car stolen is stressful, inconvenient, and costly but it is often preventable. Share our ad campaign and the simple steps motorists can take to reduce their risk. Help us spread the word, it’s easy just POP LOCK and STOP sneak theft.
Share our key messages
- 7 in 10 cars are stolen with their own keys
- Offenders will sneak into homes by taking advantage of unlocked doors and windows.
- Offenders look for keys left in easily accessible places such as on a key hook or in a bowl near the door.
- Often the homeowner is present, but unaware of the thief entering the home. For this reason, we use the term ‘sneak thefts’ to describe these types of offences.
- In most cases, thieves will actively avoid coming into contact with the homeowner.
- In fact, in 95 per cent of incidents there is no confrontation with the homeowner.
How to prevent sneak theft
Car theft is preventable and there are simple steps motorists can take to reduce their risk.
POP keys out of sight
LOCK all doors and windows and make sure everyone in the family is doing the same.
STOP sneak theft.