The fifth formal review of the NMVTRC’s operations valued the community benefit of NMVTRC-initiated reforms over the past five years at more than $276 million, representing a benefit-cost ratio of 24:1 for the investment by governments and insurers.
The short video below outlines the NMVTRC's goals and vision for a 'secure system' approach to combating vehicle crime.
NMVTRC membersNMVTRC login
RAA (SA) (Australian Automobile Association)
Insurance Council of Aust.
Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries
NSW Police (Law, Crime and Community Safety Council)
Insurance Australia Group (Insurance Council of Aust.)
Motor Trades Association of Australia
Insurance Council of Aust. (Vacant)
Department of Transport WA (Austroads)
Director Strategy and Programming
Communications and Projects Coordinator
Recent reform highlights
- The continued development and success of our collaboration with Mission Australia and the Suncorp Group in Synergy Repairs, the world's first commercial enterprise delivering on-the-job technical training, work experience and support to young car crime offenders.
- The successful launch of our Car Security Begins at Home program to raise community awareness of the need to keep keys and transponders safe from would-be home burglars.
- The public release of the results of the most comprehensive compliance audit of the management of separated vehicle parts and vehicle related scrap, clearly demonstrating the need for major reform.
- The continued success of Operation Bounce Back, the NMVTRC's public education partnership with local government in theft hot spots around the country.
- Northern Territory's adoption of the NMVTRC’s revised damage assessment criteria for written-off vehicles, bringing them into line with other jurisdictions.
- The number of vehicles now bearing the NMVTRC-endorsed secure compliance label passing the four million mark.
- Almost 13 million vehicle status checks being made via the Personal Property Securities Register and Vehicle Information Request System in 2015.
- To zoom in with a mouse pointer, click-hold-and-drag out a rectangle in the timeline area. To zoom into a new area, click the reset zoom button.
- On touch devices, zoom in by pinching the timeline area. Move the zoomed area by panning with one finger across the timeline.