NMVTRC membersNMVTRC login
RAA (SA) (Australian Automobile Association)
Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries
Victoria Police (Lead Ministers for the NMVTRC Business)
VACC (Motor Trades Association of Australia)
Insurance Council of Aust.
(Insurance Council of Aust.)
Department of Transport WA (Austroads)
Projects and Communications
Recent reform highlights
- Synergy Repairs presented with the IAATI award for outstanding contributions by individual or team in the reduction or deterrence of motor vehicle theft in Australia. , the world's first commercial enterprise delivering on-the-job technical training, work experience and support to young car crime offenders.
- Austroads released the results of its joint project with the NMVTRC on how the national vehicle registration framework could be modified to enable the better management of ELVs.
- The Scrap Metal Industry Act commenced operation in NSW in March 2017 and requires persons dealing in scrap metal to register with NSW Police, bans cash transactions and imposes a range of obligations on participants to maintain certain records and report suspicious activity
- After its re-introduction in 2017, Operation Bounce Back, the NMVTRC's public education partnership with local government continues its success.
- The NMVTRC hosted a national workshop of stakeholder subject matter experts and communications specialists to examine prevailing issues and contribute to the development of a set of consistent, appropriate key messages that would be suitable for use across all partner organisations’ communications with motorists and the broader community
- The operator of the PPSR, the Australian Financial Security Authority, announced that search fees would reduce to just $2 (down from $3.40) after a cost recovery review.
- To zoom in with a mouse pointer, click-hold-and-drag out a rectangle in the timeline area. To zoom into a new area, click the reset zoom button.
- On touch devices, zoom in by pinching the timeline area. Move the zoomed area by panning with one finger across the timeline.